June 23, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA - As part of our commitment to customer support and technological innovation, TerraSim, Inc., has announced a number of important updates to the TerraSim Customer Support website. These updates include downloads that introduce new functionalities to TerraTools® 3.5, Tech Notes that can be used as project templates or as instruction for new approaches and strategies, and a new Tcl script library whose wide variety of scripts can be used to process GIS data and appearances.
Use the links below to visit these new resources (support login required).
- TerraTools 3.5 Roll-up Patch: Since the release of TerraTools 3.5, TerraSim has released a number of patches that add new functionalities and correct minor issues. This download combines all of the patches into one TerraTools 3.5 update.
- Feature Prep/Clip Features/Snap Features Patch for TerraTools 3.5: This patch resolves a problem with Feature Prep, Clip Features, and Snap Features.
- Export OTF Patch/Update for OneSAF 3.0 / OTF 7.0: This download includes the new capability for exporting a TerraTools database to OTF format 7.0 for OneSAF 3.0, as well as improvements that include better handling of vertical tear errors when exporting to OneSAF 3.0. Users must have an Export OTF license in order to utilize this tool.
- TerraTools OneSAF 2.X UHRB Validation Tool: This tool allows users to test the validity of Ultra High Resolution Buildings, or UHRBs. Users must have the Export OTF license in order to use the tool.
- TerraTools OneSAF 3.0 UHRB Validation Tool: This tool allows users to test the validity of Ultra High Resolution Buildings, or UHRBs. Users must have the Export OTF license in order to use the tool.
- TerraTools Exporter for VBS2: The Exporter for VBS2 allows users to generate databases that can be loaded into the VBS2 VTK application. The exporter automatically creates collision volumes, as well as buildings with interiors, windows, and doors. Users must have an Export VBS2 license in order to utilize this tool.
- Interiors Tools Patch for TerraTools 3.5: This update includes basic improvements and bug fixes for the generation of buildings with interiors. In addition, a new functionality has been added that allows users to create Ultra High Resolution Buildings for OneSAF export (Export OTF license required for UHRB generation).
- Exporting Geospatial Databases to VBS2: This Tech Note describes the database production process within TerraTools to build databases that support the Virtual Battlespace 2 (VBS2) runtime. Exporting to VBS2 requires a separate license for the TerraTools VBS2 export plug-in.
- Importing .p3d Files into TerraTools Using 3ds Max®: This Tech Note explains how to import a P3D format model into TerraTools 3.5 with the VBS2 Exporter. Exporting to VBS2 requires a separate license for the TerraTools VBS2 export plug-in.
- Creating UHRBs Using Space-Filling in TerraTools 3.5: This Tech Note covers the generation and export of a single story UHRB, a UHRB with furniture models, and multiple single story UHRBs with interiors. Exporting to OTF requires a separate license for the TerraTools OTF export plug-in.
- Exporting Correlated Geospatial Databases to OTF and VBS2 Note: This Tech Note describes the database production process within TerraTools to build a database that can be exported to both VBS2 and OTF while maintaining correlation. Exporting to VBS2 and OTF require separate licenses for the TerraTools VBS2 export and OneSAF OTF export plug-ins.
- Using Non-Rectangular Source Imagery as Phototexture: This Tech Note details how to create a non-rectangular phototexture area from source imagery using TerraTools.
- Removing Black Borders from Reprojected Phototextures: When reprojecting a phototexture from one coordinate system to another, black borders may appear in the texture as artifacts of the transformation. This Tech Note will go through the procedure to eliminate the black edges using a sample project.
This section of the TerraSim Support website offers a variety of sample scripts, along with instructions and explanations pertaining to their use.
Scripting is a powerful tool in the hands of TerraTools users. It can be applied to a variety of tasks, ranging from simple statistics tabulation to more sophisticated attribute manipulation that tailors geometric processing on a feature-by-feature basis. In addition, scripts can be applied to appearance files and model libraries, allowing for quick modifications to many appearances or models at once.
Categories of scripts in the Tcl Script Library include:
We are always working to improve the TerraTools product and resources. Please send any comments or requests to email@example.com. As always, we are available to help via your TerraTools support and maintenance contract.
TerraSim is a US owned high-technology company that provides software solutions and services for advanced visual simulation and database construction using a variety of geospatial source data. TerraTools®, their primary product, is available for Windows XP and Vista.
TerraTools is used in the automated construction of dense urban environments for operations planning and situation assessment as well as to produce exercise databases covering hundreds of one degree geocells. TerraSim also provides database construction services and advanced technology development for both civilian and military customers.
TerraSim's TerraTours® product supports highly interactive geospatial query using 3D visualizations linked to a variety of collateral source data. Using GISLink™ technology, TerraTours users can automatically georeference and display information sources such as still photography, video streams, CAD design data, maps, and any web-enabled document.Copyright © 2017 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.