November 9, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA - TerraSim has released Version 3.8 of TerraTools® Core, its 3D geospatial database construction product supporting correlated virtual and constructive simulation systems.
Packed with new features and updates, TerraTools 3.8 is the most technologically advanced terrain generation software ever released. It is fully backward compatible; all TerraTools 3.5 projects will load and execute under 3.8.
TerraTools supports up to eight parallel processing threads on a single multi-core Windows workstation. Changes to the TerraTools 3.8 architecture allow Windows 64 workstations to utilize a total of 16GB of processor memory with 8 parallel processing threads, making it the most powerful terrain building product on the market.
TerraTools users can rapidly construct simulation databases using standard DoD, NGA, and USGS source data. The 3.8 release includes automated processes for exporting geospatially correlated databases to a variety of virtual and constructive systems, including OneSAF OTF and Virtual Battlespace 2. In addition, improvements to existing virtual and constructive export processes allow users to fully customize databases with Urban Details(TM) processing.
TerraTools Core transforms source data into a common internal geometric representation, which is used to ensure precise correlation for the export of visual and constructive simulations. This includes complex building interiors, urban clutter, and a wide range of feature data correlated across OneSAF, JSAF, and JCATS runtimes with visual output to OpenFlight and VBS2. Export to virtual and constructive simulation systems is supported by optional TerraTools Plug-ins.
TerraTools 3.8 customers will enjoy significant improvements to the TerraTools Modeling & Simulation Export plug-ins.
- OneSAF OTF exporter updates: The TerraTools 3.8 OneSAF OTF exporter features faster and more efficient processing, the new ability to place furniture models in UHRBs (Ultra High Resolution Buildings), and OmniWizard™ support for ease of use. The OTF exporter supports all versions of OneSAF through 3.0. Users can create UHRBs using TerraTools or place imported UHRBs constructed by ARA U2MG and other commercial packages. The TerraTools UHRB Validation Tool has been updated to better report UHRB content errors.
- Virtual Battlespace 2 exporter updates: The TerraTools 3.8 VBS2 exporter enables users to automatically place rooftop clutter models with dynamic damage states. Building models generated by TerraTools for VBS2 contain apertures and interiors with all required collision surfaces and volumes. Users can place furniture models in these automatically generated building interiors. Additional TerraTools support for VBS2 includes a new OmniWizard export option for ease of use.
- JCATS exporter updates: The TerraTools JCATS exporter now has the ability to export buildings as JCATS Enhanced Buildings and includes advanced support for buildings with multiple stories.
- SEDRIS exporter updates: TerraTools 3.8 now exports to SEDRIS 4.1 with support for EDCS 4.2 codes. With TerraTools' backward compatibility, users can continue to export to SEDRIS 3.0 and 4.0 with support for EDCS 2.9 codes.
- Automated Generation of Urban Details: TerraTools 3.8 contains significant improvements in Urban Details processing, which is supported across all TerraTools export plug-ins. Users can now place and export clutter models throughout databases and on building rooftops, automatically generate advanced roof structures, including domes, parapets, and mansard roofs, and automatically place furniture models in the interiors of buildings.
UHRB Furniture Placement
Interior Furniture Models in VBS2
Multi-Story Building in JCATS
Automatically Generated Advanced Roofs
TerraSim has one level of customer support: we treat all customers with courtesy and understand that all problems are time-critical and require immediate attention. TerraTools 3.8 is shipping at no additional cost to all customers under their support and maintenance contracts.
In order to provide the most comprehensive end-user support, we have completely revised the comprehensive online help that is available within TerraTools 3.8. We have also significantly modified and updated the TerraTools Tech Notes, a series of over forty tutorials for both novice and experienced users found on the TerraSim support website.
Also included in the release of TerraTools 3.8 is the release of TSGFly 6.5, the most recent version of TerraSim's freely distributable 3D viewer. TerraTours® 3.8, which contains significant improvements (such as the ability to create animations), is available for purchase under a separate license.
Additional information on TerraTools, TSGFly and TerraTours is available in the products section of our website. For information about sales and pricing, including GSA schedule, please contact email@example.com.
TerraSim is a US owned high-technology company that provides software solutions and services for advanced visual simulation and database construction using a variety of geospatial source data. TerraTools®, their primary product, is available for both Windows XP and Vista.
TerraTools is used in the automated construction of dense urban environments for operations planning and situation assessment as well as to produce exercise databases covering hundreds of one degree geocells. TerraSim also provides database construction services and advanced technology development for both civilian and military customers.
TerraSim's TerraTours® product supports highly interactive geospatial query using 3D visualizations linked to a variety of collateral source data. Using GISLink™ technology, TerraTours users can automatically georeference and display information sources such as still photography, video streams, CAD design data, maps, and any web-enabled document.Copyright © 2017 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.