May 9, 2009
TerraSim announces the release of Version 4.0 of TerraTools® Core, its 3D geospatial database construction product supporting correlated virtual and constructive simulation systems. TerraTools ingests of the largest variety of DoD, NGA, and ESRI vector, digital elevation, and 3D model formats. To achieve geospatial accuracy, TerraTools employs photogrammetically accurate source data reprojection between source and output coordinate systems and vertical datums.
TerraTools 4.0 represents a completely new 64-bit native processing architecture, designed to take advantage of large memory workstations running fast and low-cost multi-core processors. TerraTools Core supports up to eight independent parallel processing threads on a single quad-core Windows workstation. With TerraTools 4.0, Windows 64 workstations will now utilize up to 32 GB of memory per core processor. Coupling smarter computational geometry processing with large workstation memory, TerraTools outperforms legacy networked solutions requiring multiple machines and licenses.
In addition, TerraTools 4.0 is packed with new processing features, including major updates to Urban Details™ processing. This advanced functionality is completely integrated in TerraTools Core and is supported in each of the optional TerraTools export plug-ins. Fully correlated simulation database generation means that buildings constructed within TerraTools Core can be exported as fully functional models in diverse runtime formats including OneSAF, JointSAF, JCATS, Steel Beasts Pro, VBS2, and VR-Forces.
This release includes major updates to TerraTools Batch Mode scripting for customer-defined processing outside of the TerraTools user interface. Users can construct Batch Mode scripts that automatically build hundreds of one degree cells by iterating over user specified datasets.
Additional updates to TerraTools 4.0 and its optional export plug-ins include:
- Refresh of the OneSAF exporter to support OneSAF 5.0 release and automatic assignment of required attribution for UHRBs and bridges.
- Advanced VBS2 exporter that automatically decomposes complex models into functional VBS2 .p3d models with all required layers - including paths for VBS2 AI.
- Steel Beasts Pro exporter that includes automatic generation of routing and fighting position within buildings.
- Significant speedups for JointSAF GCS multi-cell data processing.
- Addition of Well Known Text (WKT) strings to support georeferencing with OpenSceneGraph exporter.
- Import and export of COLLADA models and databases added to TerraTools Core.
- Support for ESRI Personal Geodatabase format added to TerraTools Core OmniWizard.
- New X-Plane exporter for cell generation with correlated cultural features.
- Processing Improvements:
- Dozens of TerraTools nodes now automatically adapt their processing properties based on the project coordinate system and units
- Support for read-only TerraTools project display
- 64-bit progress monitor including processor resource logging.
- New models and textures: over 70 new model and textures, including Middle Eastern and Afghan, are included in TerraTools Core.
64-bit Enabled Large Area Database
TerraTools Export to X-Plane
Large, Complex VBS2 Model
Advanced Urban Details™ Processing
TerraSim has one level of customer support: we treat all customers with courtesy and understand that all problems are time-critical and require immediate attention. TerraTools 4.0 ships at no additional cost to all customers under their support and maintenance contracts.
In order to provide the most comprehensive end-user support, we have completely revised the comprehensive online help that is available within TerraTools 4.0. We have also significantly modified and updated the TerraTools Tech Notes, a series of over forty tutorials for both novice and experienced users found on the TerraSim support website.
Also included in the release of TerraTools 4.0 is the release of TSGFly 7.0, the most recent version of TerraSim's freely distributable 3D viewer. TerraTours® 4.0 is available for purchase under a separate license.
Additional information on TerraTools, TSGFly and TerraTours is available in the products section of our website. For information about sales and pricing, including GSA schedule, please contact email@example.com.
TerraSim is a US owned high-technology company that provides software solutions and services for advanced visual simulation and database construction using a variety of geospatial source data.
TerraSim's TerraTools® automates construction of dense urban environments for operations planning and situation assessment as well as produces exercise databases covering hundreds of one degree geocells. TerraSim also provides database construction services and advanced technology development for both civilian and military customers.
TerraSim's source data preparation products cut the key cost drivers in modeling and simulation workflows. TerraSim Xtract™ recovers legacy source data and processes it for reuse in any modeling and simulation product. RoadMAP from TerraSim® seamlessly detects, delineates, and attributes road networks and other linear features from aerial and satellite imagery.
TerraSim's TerraTours® product supports highly interactive geospatial query using 3D visualizations linked to a variety of collateral source data. Using GISLink™ technology, TerraTours automatically georeferences and displays information in any web-enabled document.Copyright © 2017 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.