|Fort Carson, Colorado terrain produced with TerraTools as viewed in VBS3|
TerraSim® Demonstrates New Technology at ITEC 2015
April 6, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA - At ITEC 2015, TerraSim, Inc., a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, will show new product innovations and discuss upcoming technological advances in terrain generation and source data preparation for modeling, simulation, and training.
ITEC, the leading international forum for the military simulation and training industry, will be held at PVA Expo in Prague, Czech Republic from April 28-30, 2015. TerraSim will be co-located with Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) at Stand 4A-300.
|A terrain with high-resolution biotopes when
viewed in VBS3 and with surface material
classification from MaterialMAP 1.2
TerraSim will showcase MaterialMAP 1.2, the upcoming release of our image classification software that generates, attributes, and exports surface material maps for use in a variety of modeling and simulation runtimes including VBS2/3, Steel Beasts Pro, OneSAF OTF, JCATS, and JSAF CTDB. These surface material maps are used to determine entity mobility and routing, visual effects, and sensor simulation, all of which produce higher fidelity environments for more accurate training.
Key new features within MaterialMAP 1.2 include:
- Faster image processing and classification
- New reassignment tools to redefine classified pixels to other surface types
- Vector import support to supplement image classification and pixel reassignment
- Aggregation support for VBS3 extended surfaces
- New Defined class for storing vector polygons to preset pixel colors
Full demonstrations will be available at Stand 4A-300 during ITEC 2015.
|A terrain produced in TerraTools with
extended surfaces and high-resolution
biotopes as viewed in VBS3
TerraSim will also be demonstrating new functionality planned for TerraTools 5.1, the next version of our flagship terrain generation software. Notable features include:
- New and continued support of the latest runtime updates across constructive, visual, and serious simulation, including:
- Support for VBS IG and VBS Tactics
- VBS3 v3.6 export and support for extended surfaces and biotopes
- JCATS format 12 export support
- Polar environment export support for OneSAF/OTF
- Import geospatial data and model content from the CDB terrain format
- File and Personal Geodatabase import improvements
For more information about TerraSim or our products, or to schedule a meeting at ITEC 2015, please contact Spencer Huff at [email protected].
TerraSim� is a leading geospatial technology company that specializes in the development of state-of-the-art products used for rapid, high-fidelity geospatial visualization. Our technology is integrated into flexible and easy-to-use tools that support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious games simulation runtimes in the industry.
In April 2013, TerraSim became a part of Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim), the industry leader in the application of video game technology to large scale systems for defense modeling, simulation, and training.Copyright © 2023 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.