TerraSim® Releases TerraTools® 5.2
August 8, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA - TerraSim announced today the release of TerraTools 5.2, the latest version of its terrain database generation software. This release contains various maintenance updates and bug fixes, as well as targeted enhancements for JCATS and VBS terrain export. Highlights of TerraTools 5.2 include:
- Added support for 64-bit versions of Windows 10 operating systems
- TerraTools can now be run by any user account after being installed by an administrator
- Faster rendering speeds for large, complex vector data files in TEdit
- 50% faster for points
- 100% faster for linears
- 500-1000% faster for areals
- Enhanced support for JCATS terrain export
- Improved default JCATS Enhanced Building attribution for doors, windows, and walls
- Improved UTM coordinate system support when exporting to JCATS 12
- Adjusted default JCATS attribution for water depth
- Enhanced support for VBS terrain export
- Added automatic assignment of elevations onto linear road content during VBS export
- Decreased export time for VBS environments containing large, complex water bodies
- Improved efficiency for generating extended surfaces
- Added support for VBS3 3.9.0 and 3.9.1 export
- Added support for Unity 5.3.5
- Added support for MASA SWORD 6.6
- Fixed a licensing bug in the Batch Mode Manager plug-in
TerraTools 5.2 is available free of charge to all customers currently under active TerraTools maintenance and support contracts. The TerraTools 5.2 installer is available for download on the TerraTools support site.
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.
Copyright © 2018 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.