TerraSim® at Australasian Simulation Congress 2016
September 20, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA - At the 2016 Australasian Simulation Congress (formerly SimTecT), TerraSim Inc. will showcase new product innovations and discuss upcoming technological advances in terrain generation and source data preparation for modeling, simulation, and training.
The Australasian Simulation Congress will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre in Melbourne, VIC, Australia from September 26-29. TerraSim will be co-located with Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) at Booth 33.
TerraSim will demonstrate the latest release of its terrain database generation software TerraTools 5.2.1, which continues to support a wider variety of import formats and a larger number of terrain export formats than any other software.
Highlights of the TerraTools 5.2.1 release include:
- Added support for Windows 10 (64-bit)
- TerraTools can now be run by any user account after being installed by an administrator
- Faster rendering speeds for large, complex vector data files in TEdit
- Enhanced support for JCATS terrain export
- Improved default JCATS Enhanced Building attribution for doors, windows, and walls
- Improved UTM coordinate system support when exporting to JCATS 12
- Adjusted default JCATS attribution for water depth
- Enhanced support for VBS terrain export
- Added automatic assignment of elevations onto linear road content during VBS export
- Decreased export time for VBS environments containing large, complex water bodies
- Improved efficiency for generating extended surfaces
- Added support for VBS3 3.9.0 and 3.9.1
- Added support for Unity 5.3.5
- Added support for MASA SWORD 6.6
TerraSim will also be showcasing MaterialMAP 2, the latest release of our image classification software. MaterialMAP offers a simple, streamlined process for generating surface material maps that determine entity mobility and routing, visual effects, and sensor simulation, all of which produce higher fidelity environments for more accurate training. By providing support for multiple terrain formats, MaterialMAP saves time and maximizes the utility of correlated surface material maps across various simulation systems.
New features and enhancements in MaterialMAP 2 include:
- Faster image processing and classification
- Interface improvements to optimize usability
- Reassignment tools for redefining classified pixels to alternate surface types
- Vector data import to supplement image classification and pixel reassignment
- Aggregation support for VBS3 extended surfaces
- Automatic remapping using the surface material map to produce seasonal variants of the satellite imagery
|VBS3 environment using MaterialMAP-generated surface mask as phototexture|
TerraSim will also demonstrate Building Designer, a stand-alone application which uses an intuitive 2D interface to simplify the construction of geo-specific, enterable building models for VBS.
Previously, the creation of new building models for VBS required experience in 3D modeling and knowledge of VBS model rules, animations, and configuration files. Now, anyone can learn Building Designer in minutes and rapidly create geo-specific VBS building models containing collision volumes, shadows, door animations, and destruct states.
Tests have shown that Building Designer can create an enterable VBS building model 75-100x faster than manual geometry modeling and configuration depending on model complexity.
With Building Designer, users can easily import building floor plans as background imagery, trace walls, and quickly place functional doors, windows, and stairs using a point-and-click system. Building Designer also allows custom texture import and assignment, furniture model import and placement, and 3D building model preview. Export currently supports the P3D model format for use in Virtual Battlespace (VBS2, VBS3, and VBS IG).
Building Designer allows users to:
- Import floor plans from common image formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF
- Trace walls and quickly place functional doors, windows, and stairs using a point-and-click system
- Preview 3D building models at any point during the creation process
- Export the building model to the P3D format for use in VBS
- Augment building models in 3ds Max using the VBS Developer Suite P3D conversion tools
|Vectors created in Building Designer side by side with the resulting model in VBS3|
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.
For more information about TerraSim or our products, or to schedule a meeting at the 2016 Australasian Simulation Congress, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2019 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.