TerraSim® at I/ITSEC 2016
November 22, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA - At I/ITSEC 2016, TerraSim Inc., is excited to demonstrate new distributed processing technology in TerraTools 5.3, the upcoming release of its automated terrain generation software for the modeling, simulation, and training community. TerraSim will also showcase the latest releases from its source data preparation product lineup: Building Designer and MaterialMAP. TerraSim will be co-located with Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) at Booth #2348.
TerraSim is celebrating its 20th anniversary so we invite all I/ITSEC attendees to join us at Booth #2348, between 1700-1830 on Tuesday November 29 for drinks and giveaways.
I/ITSEC, the world's largest modeling, simulation, and training conference, will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from November 28 to December 2.
Distributed Processing for TerraTools
TerraSim is excited to feature new distributed processing technology for TerraTools. Distributed processing enables Batch Mode Manager to simultaneously build multiple terrain tiles to generate massive environments faster than ever.
Customers can tailor the number of concurrent process instances to their hardware configurations to maximize productivity while decreasing terrain production times by 50% or more.
Batch Mode Manager now includes improved logging tools to help monitor and manage terrain production times efficiently and advanced analysis tools to help locate and troubleshoot issues on larger data sets.
|New advanced analysis tools for Batch Mode Manager|
TerraSim will demonstrate TerraTools 5.3, the latest release of its flagship terrain database generation software which contains new features, improvements and bug fixes. Highlights of the TerraTools 5.3 release include:
- New TerraTools OmniWizard data processing options for model reference point data
- New processing nodes to automatically process and place vegetation, building, wall, and powerline models in your environment
- New combine image nodes to simplify handling of multiple phototextures
- Support for VBS3 3.9.2 and VBS IG 2.3
- Import P3D models up to 2x faster
- Export JCATS improvements
TerraTools CDB Import
TerraSim will demonstrate the CDB Import plug-in which imports geospatial data and model content from the Common Database (CDB) format into TerraTools. The imported content can then be processed and exported to one or more of the terrain formats that TerraTools supports.
- Import geospatial data and model content from Common Database (CDB) format versions 2.1, 3.0, and 3.2
- Preserve geospatial source data and model attribution during import
- Supports sub-region import based on user-defined bounds and LOD selection
- Supports sublayer import
- Supports static CDB data layer import
- Raster and vector surface materials
- Geo-specific and geo-typical models
- Road, railroad, powerline, and hydrography networks
|VBS environment generated in TerraTools from source CDB|
TerraSim will demonstrate Building Designer, a stand-alone application that uses an intuitive 2D interface to simplify the construction of geo-specific, enterable building models for VBS.
Users can easily import building floor plans as background imagery, trace walls, and quickly place functional doors, windows, and stairs using a point-and-click system. Building Designer also allows custom texture import and assignment, furniture model import and placement, and 3D building model preview. Export currently supports the P3D model format for use in Virtual Battlespace (VBS2, VBS3, and VBS IG).
Key features of Building Designer include:
- Import floor plans from common image formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF
- Trace walls and quickly place functional doors, windows, and stairs using a point-and-click system
- Preview 3D building models at any point during the creation process
- Export the building model to the P3D format for use in VBS
- Augment building models in 3ds Max using the VBS Developer Suite P3D conversion tools
|Vectors created in Building Designer side-by-side with the resulting model in VBS3|
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate terrain generation and geospatial source data preparation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.
For more information about TerraSim or our products, or to schedule a meeting at I/ITSEC 2016, please contact us at email@example.com.
Copyright © 2017 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.