TerraSim® Releases TerraTools® 5.5
December 21, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA - TerraSim announced today the release of TerraTools 5.5, the latest version of its industry leading virtual terrain generation software, just in time for the holidays. TerraTools 5.5 contains a variety of new features, enhancements, maintenance updates, and bug fixes.
TerraSim is also excited to announce the release of an updated TerraTools tutorial. This brand new tutorial is a fantastic resource for new and experienced users alike for becoming acquainted with basic TerraTools capabilities and workflow.
TerraTools 5.5 and the new tutorial are available to all customers currently under active maintenance and support contracts. The TerraTools 5.5 software installer is available for download on our support site.
For additional information about TerraTools 5.5, including purchase inquiries or evaluation requests or accessing the support site, email us at email@example.com.
- Enhanced warning messages for improved troubleshooting experience
- Improved building ruin model generation
- Improved OpenFlight model import capabilities
Batch Mode Manager Plug-in
- New options for automatic re-execution of project failed cells
- Improved performance of multi-instance projects using temporary files
Distributed Processing Plug-in
- New capability to limit the number of instances ran on a particular project phase
- New execution delay capability to improve distributed processing performance
VBS Export Plug-in
- Supports the latest versions of VBS3 17.3 and 17.4 and VBS IG
- New areal drainage smoothing options
- Reduced PBO sizes
- Improved Multimap processing times
- Loosened restrictions on terrain parameters for more terrain design options, including very high res terrain DEM and imagery
Steel Beasts Export Plug-in
- New export node added for exporting Steel Beasts terrains with high res DEMs
- Added support for Map Labels, Map filled areas, and parse actor lines
- Added export support for Steel Beasts Pro versions 4.111
JCATS Export Plug-in
- Fixed Line of Sight calculations for building interiors in JCATS
TerraTools is the military simulation and training industry's leading virtual terrain generation software. With world class features heavily rooted in automated processing, TerraTools rapidly produces high-fidelity, correlated geo-specific environments for use across visual, constructive, and serious game runtime applications. Advantages of TerraTools include:
- Unmatched support for correlated terrain development across 15+ formats
- Scalable, flexible, reusable, and configurable design to meet your terrain requirements
- Extensive import and export support for geospatial data, models, and terrain
- Built-in tools to monitor and manage each step of the terrain generation process
- Advanced diagnostic tools for troubleshooting terrain generation
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate terrain generation and geospatial source data preparation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.
Copyright © 2019 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.