TerraSim® Releases TerraTools® 5.6 and VBS Blue Source Plug-in
April 9, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA - TerraSim announced today the release of TerraTools 5.6, the latest version of its industry-leading virtual terrain generation software. TerraTools 5.6 introduces a new plug-in for generating custom high-resolution VBS Blue IG insets to enhance the default global dataset. The new exporter can be easily added to an existing TerraTools project or use the OmniWizard to quickly start a new project with correlated terrain exports to VBS Blue IG and any other supported runtime.
TerraTools 5.6 is available to all customers currently under active maintenance and support contracts. Current users can download the software installer on our support site.
For evaluation and sales inquiries regarding TerraTools 5.6 or the new VBS Blue Source plug-in, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Improved handling of unknown pixel values in rasters
TerraTools VBS Blue IG Source Plug-in
- Generate high-resolution insets for VBS Blue IG that override the global terrain database for a specified region, giving users complete control over DEM, satellite imagery, models, surface mask, and roads layers
- OmniWizard updated for quick-start of new projects that correlate between VBS3 and VBS Blue IG
VBS Export Plug-in
- Support for export to VBS3 v18.1
- Support for predefined AI road networks which replaces the old object-based road network system used for AI vehicle pathfinding
- For VBS Control, this new technology can be used to define additional attributes for lanes, one-way roads and crosswalks
- Fix in TerraTools Core for unknown pixel values in rasters which solves the "128 pixel value" error for VBS surface masks
Steel Beasts Export Plug-in
- Added export support for Steel Beasts Pro versions 3.323
TerraTools is the military simulation and training industry's leading virtual terrain generation software. With world class features heavily rooted in automated processing, TerraTools rapidly produces high-fidelity, correlated geo-specific environments for use across visual, constructive, and serious game runtime applications. Advantages of TerraTools include:
- Unmatched support for correlated terrain development across 15+ formats
- Scalable, flexible, reusable, and configurable design to meet your terrain requirements
- Extensive import and export support for geospatial data, models, and terrain
- Built-in tools to monitor and manage each step of the terrain generation process
- Advanced diagnostic tools for troubleshooting terrain generation
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate terrain generation and geospatial source data preparation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development..
Copyright © 2018 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.