|VBS Blue IG Terrain Inset Produced with TerraTools|
TerraSim® Demonstrates New Technology at ITEC 2018
May 7, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA - At ITEC 2018, TerraSim will demonstrate TerraTools 5.6, the latest release of its industry-leading virtual terrain generation software. TerraTools 5.6 introduces a new plug-in capability for generating custom high-resolution insets in VBS Blue IG to enhance the base global dataset. VBS Blue IG and TerraTools with its VBS Blue Source plug-in offer a complete solution for advanced image generation.
ITEC, an international forum for the military simulation and training industry, will be held in Stuttgart, Germany from May 15-17, 2018. TerraSim will be co-located with Bohemia Interactive Simulations at Stand D40.
TerraSim invites you to visit us at ITEC for demonstrations and discussion about our current and future technologies. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
TerraTools 5.6 contains a variety of new features, enhancements, and maintenance fixes. Highlights of the release will include:
TerraTools VBS Blue IG Source Plug-in
- Generate high-resolution insets for VBS Blue IG that override the global terrain database for a specified region, giving users complete control over DEM, satellite imagery, models, surface mask, and roads layers
- OmniWizard updated for quick-start of new projects that correlate between VBS3 and VBS Blue IG
VBS Export Plug-in
- Support for export to VBS3 v18.1
- Support for predefined AI road networks which replaces the old object-based road network system used for AI vehicle pathfinding
- For VBS Control, new AI road network technology can be used to define additional attributes for lanes, one-way roads and crosswalks
- Fix in TerraTools Core for unknown pixel values in rasters which solves the "128 pixel value" error for VBS surface masks
- Steel Beasts Pro Export Plug-in now supports export for version 3.323
- Improved handling of unknown pixel values in rasters in TerraTools Core
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.Copyright © 2019 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.