|VBS3 environment produced from TerraTools|
TerraSim® Demonstrates New Technology at ITEC 2016
May 12, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA - At ITEC 2016, TerraSim Inc., will showcase new product innovations and discuss upcoming technological advances in terrain generation and source data preparation for modeling, simulation, and training.
ITEC, an international forum for the military simulation and training industry, will be held at ExCel Exhibition Centre in London, England from May 17-19, 2016. TerraSim will be co-located with Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) at Stand E110.
TerraSim will demonstrate Building Designer, a new stand-alone application that uses an intuitive 2D interface to simplify the construction of geo-specific, enterable building models for VBS.
Users can easily import building floor plans as background imagery, trace walls, and quickly place functional doors, windows, and stairs using a point-and-click system. Building Designer also allows custom texture import and assignment, furniture model import and placement, and 3D building model preview. Export currently supports the P3D model format for use in Virtual Battlespace (VBS2, VBS3, and VBS IG).
Key features of Building Designer include:
- Import floor plans from common image formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF
- Trace walls and quickly place functional doors, windows, and stairs using a point-and-click system
- Preview 3D building models at any point during the creation process
- Export the building model to the P3D format for use in VBS
- Augment building models in 3ds Max using the VBS Developer Suite P3D conversion tools
|Vectors created in Building Designer side by side with the resulting model in VBS3|
TerraSim will showcase MaterialMAP 2, the upcoming release of our image classification software that generates, attributes, and exports surface material maps for use in a variety of modeling and simulation runtimes including VBS, Steel Beasts Pro, OneSAF OTF, JCATS, and JSAF. These surface material maps are used to determine entity mobility and routing, visual effects, and sensor simulation, all of which produce higher fidelity environments for more accurate training.
Some new features and enhancements in MaterialMAP 2 include:
- Faster image processing and classification
- Interface improvements to optimize usability
- New reassignment tools for redefining classified pixels to alternate surface types
- Import vector data to supplement image classification and pixel reassignment
- Aggregation support for VBS3 extended surfaces
- Produce seasonal variants of the satellite imagery by automatic remapping using the surface material map
|VBS3 environment using MaterialMAP-generated surface mask as phototexture|
TerraSim will demonstrate TerraTools 5.1.1, the latest release of its flagship terrain database generation software which contains over 300 new features, improvements and bug fixes. Highlights of the TerraTools 5.1.1 release include:
Improved Exporter Support
- Maintenance updates for CTDB, OneSAF, OpenSceneGraph, MASA SWORD, Steel Beasts Pro, and Unity exporters
- JCATS Export
- Support for JCATS 12
- Improved UTM and GCS coordinate system support
- Feature priority definition in JCATS sublayer
- Virtual Battlespace Export
- Extended support to the latest versions of VBS2, VBS3, and VBS IG
- Automated trench model placement and export
- Improved multimap terrain production
- Built-in terrain packing during export
TerraTools CDB Import
- Import geospatial data and model content from Common Database (CDB) format versions 2.1, 3.0, and 3.2
- Preserves geospatial source data and model attribution during import
- Supports sub-region import based on user-defined bounds and LOD selection
- Supports sublayer import
- Supports static CDB data layer import
- Raster and vector surface materials
- Geo-specific and geo-typical models
- Road, railroad, powerline, and hydrography networks
- Batch Mode Manger custom cell selection and performance optimization for large area terrain production
- New building footprint matching technology to simplify and optimize large urban environments
- New tabbed interface to consolidate node Info dialogs - General, Standard Messages, and Warning Messages - into a single window
- Improved support for large image import and display
|VBS3 terrain generated in TerraTools from source CDB|
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.
For more information about TerraSim or our products, or to schedule a meeting at ITEC 2016, please contact us at [email protected].Copyright © 2022 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.