TerraSim® at SimTecT 2015
August 14, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA - At SimTecT 2015, TerraSim Inc., a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, will reveal upcoming terrain generation technologies for modeling, simulation, and training and also exhibit large high-fidelity terrains for VBS3.
SimTecT, the simulation industry's premier conference in Australia and Asia, will be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre in Adelaide, Australia, from August 17-21, 2015. TerraSim will be co-located with Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) at Booth 42.
|Sample VBS3 terrain
derived from source CDB data
TerraSim will be demonstrating an upcoming plug-in that allows geospatial data and model content from the Common Database (CDB) format to be imported into TerraTools. This content can then be processed and exported to one or more TerraTools-supported visual, constructive, and serious game runtime formats.
- Supports CDB Specification 2.1, 3.0, and 3.2
- Preserves geospatial source data and model attribution
- Imports large or small regions based on user-defined bounds
- Imports elevation layers, imagery layers, raster and vector materials, roads, railroads, hydrography networks, geo-specific models, and geo-typical models
- Extracts elevation and satellite imagery sub-layers
Colorado MultiMap for VBS3
TerraSim will be showcasing the Fort Carson, Colorado terrain, a VBS3 MultiMap created using TerraTools, the Batch Mode Manager plug-in, and MaterialMAP. The terrain demonstrates the latest in TerraSim support for the newest VBS3 terrain features including:
- Automatically classify satellite imagery to generate VBS3 surface masks
- Supports image aggregation for VBS3 extended surfaces
- TerraTools and Batch Mode Manager
- Automatic batch processing for large area, multimap terrains
- Export to VBS3 3.7 and 3.8
- Supports extended surfaces and biotope technology for rapid, procedural vegetation placement
|TerraTools-generated multimap with extended surfaces and biotopes in VBS3|
For more information about TerraSim or our products, or to schedule a meeting at SimTecT 2015, please contact us at [email protected].
TerraSim® is a leading geospatial technology company that specializes in the development of state-of-the-art products used for rapid, high-fidelity geospatial visualization. Our technology is integrated into flexible and easy-to-use tools that support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious games simulation runtimes in the industry.
The Asia-Pacific Simulation Training Conference and Exhibition (SimTecT) celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2015. Over the past two decades, SimTecT has highlighted the best modeling and simulation research and technologies across Australia and Asia while providing a platform to keep the simulation community in tune with national and international developments in fields such as visualization, gamification, user experience, and more.Copyright © 2022 TerraSim, Inc. All rights reserved. TerraSim®, TerraTools®, and TerraTours® are registered trademarks of TerraSim, Inc.