TerraSim Releases TerraTools 5.4
May 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA - TerraSim announced today the release of TerraTools 5.4, the latest version of its industry leading virtual terrain generation software. TerraTools 5.4 continues our commitment to a semi-annual release cycle and contains a variety of new features, enhancements, maintenance updates, and bug fixes. See Highlights below.
TerraTools 5.4 is available free of charge to all customers currently under active maintenance and support contracts. The TerraTools 5.4 software installer is available for download here.
- Improved bridge extrusion processing
- Enhanced warning messages for improved troubleshooting experience
- New default processing options to create higher quality terrains in less time
Batch Mode Manager
- New interface to manage local and/or cloud distributed processing instances
- Performance Log Analyzer now dynamically updates during project update
- Increased efficiency in Batch Mode Manager's cell information system
|Performance Heat Map in Batch Mode Manager|
Distributed Processing Plug-in
- New capability to distribute processing across the cloud or a local network of machines
- Performance Log Analyzer updated for cloud distribution
VBS Export Plug-in
- Supports the latest versions of VBS and VBS IG
- Automatically extrude and place VBS bridge geometry with collision volumes from linear profiles
- New aggregate road processing to streamline the generation of transportation networks and improve performance at runtime
- New distributed packing technology to use in tandem with remote distributed processing system and increase packing efficiency
|Extruded Bridge with Collision Geometry in VBS|
- Areal road support for JCATS terrain export
- Improved OTF 8.0 export support for OneSAF 6.0 and 7.0
Cloud Distributed Processing
A new version of the Distributed Processing plug-in for Batch Mode Manager is now available. This plug-in update allows terrain building tasks to be distributed across the cloud or local networks. Additional process management and logging analysis tools have been enhanced in support of cloud processing.
Reduce terrain production times by a factor of 2-3, or more with the Distributed Processing plug-in.
|Sixteen Cells Updating in Parallel with Distributed Processing|
TerraTools is the military simulation and training industry's leading virtual terrain generation software. With world class features heavily rooted in automated processing, TerraTools rapidly produces high-fidelity, correlated geo-specific environments for use across visual, constructive, and serious game runtime applications. Advantages of TerraTools include:
- Unmatched support for correlated terrain development across 15+ formats
- Scalable, flexible, reusable, and configurable design to meet your terrain requirements
- Extensive import and export support for geospatial data, models, and terrain
- Built-in tools to monitor and manage each step of the terrain generation process
- Advanced diagnostic tools for troubleshooting terrain generation
TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Simulations company, is a leading technology company that specializes in the development of advanced software solutions to automate terrain generation and geospatial source data preparation. Our products are designed to be flexible, scalable, and compatible by continuing to support the widest range of visual, constructive, and serious game runtimes in the military simulation and training industry. Our business model encompasses the sale and support of commercial off-the-shelf software, geospatial source data preparation and terrain generation services, and advanced research and development.