TerraSim has 20 years of technical expertise in terrain generation and source data preparation. We proudly offer training to customers who wish to maximize their productivity by utilizing our software to its fullest capabilities. Our training is led by a team of professionals who develop, maintain, and support our software, enabling them to bring their knowledge, expertise, and personal experience to the classroom.
TerraSim and its approved partners are the official providers of TerraTools®, Building Designer, DEMTools, MaterialMAP, RoadMAP, and Xtract software training. To schedule a training session or to receive a training quote, please contact TerraSim, Inc. at [email protected].
- Flexible structure to accommodate different professional backgrounds and learning curves
- Custom courses to meet customer demands and requirements
- Small, intimate classroom setting conducive to one-on-one interaction
- Hands-on project development with student data
- Retention of course materials for future reference
Training lasts five days and consists of standard training, custom advanced training, and hands-on training with student provided data. Advanced training courses are defined by the customer and vetted by our training team to ensure the customer's requirements are fully met.
|Monday & Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday & Friday|
|Standard Training||Custom Advanced Training||Hands-on|
Further details regarding course topics and schedule can be found in the training syllabi. Course components are subject to change.
- Standard TerraTools Training
- Custom Advanced Training
- Advanced TerraTools Training
- Source Data Preparation Product Training
- Hands-on with Student Data
Training takes place at TerraSim's office in Downtown Pittsburgh, giving students direct access to our team of highly skilled terrain and software engineers. This allows for in-depth technical discussions between our staff and the students to ensure their current and future requirements are understood and ultimately met. Our location also provides the students with an environment free of normal office distractions, allowing them to solely focus their attention on the training.
Requests for training outside of our Pittsburgh office are welcome and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Minimum of 2 students per training session at our Pittsburgh location. Single students with similar requirements can be paired together. Subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 students per training session conducted outside of our Pittsburgh office.
- Completion of software tutorials prior to training
TerraSim, located in Downtown Pittsburgh, is less than 20 miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport. We recommend making accommodations as close to our office as possible. A variety of restaurants, shops, and amenities are located within a short walking distance from our location. Public transportation is also available, eliminating the need for a rental car.
Below are our lodging suggestions with estimated walking times to our office. When making reservations, inquire about corporate and/or government rates as discounts may be available. Please direct any further questions to TerraSim, Inc. at [email protected].
Courtyard Marriott Pittsburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Downtown